http://sirenian.org/sirenews/58OCT2012.pdf. Older issues are archived here: http://sirenian.org/sirenews.html
In this Issue:
- Sirenia Specialist Group Update
- Tribute to Dr. Edward "Ed" Keith
- Book Announcement: Sirenian Conservation: Issues and Strategies in Developing Countries
- News from the Secretariat to the UNEP/CMS Dugong MOU
- English Language Writing Assistance
- Third International Conference on Marine Mammals of Southeast Asia (SEAMAM III)
- Local News from Australia, Brazil, Cuba, Iran, Suriname, and the United States of America
- Recent Literature
Sirenews is the official newsletter of the IUCN/SSC Sirenia Specialist Group. As such, please remember that Sirenews is an informal forum, not to be considered citable, formally-published literature; it is NOT "peer-reviewed", and contributions to it should not be quoted nor cited without the written permission of the author. The opinions expressed are those of the writers and not necessarily those of IUCN or other organizations.
Sirenews (ISSN 1017-3439) appears twice a year in April and October and is edited by Cynthia R. Taylor and James A. Powell, Sea to Shore Alliance. Sirenews is supported by the U.S. Marine Mammal Commission and archived by Sirenian International. Submission deadlines are April 1 and October 1. Material may be submitted by e-mail to: Cynthia Taylor (ctaylor at sea2shore dot org).